Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Machinefile option in opempi-1.3.2
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-19 22:40:43

If you do "man orte_hosts", you'll see a full explanation of how the various
machinefile options work.
The default mapper doesn't do any type of sorting - it is a round-robin
mapper that just works its way through the provided nodes. We don't reorder
them in any way.

However, it does depend on the number of slots we are told each node has, so
that might be what you are encountering. If you do a --display-map and send
it along, I might be able to spot the issue.

Thanks
Ralph