Subject: [OMPI users] Fedora install problem
From: jacob Balthazor (jcb344_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-02 03:52:09

Hi,

       I am just getting my feet wet with openmpi and can't seem to get it
running. I installed openmpi and all it's components via yum and am able
compile and run programs with mpi locally but not across the two computers.
I set up the keyed ssh on both mechines and am able to log into another
without asking for a password. From reading online it looks like my problem
may stem from an unconfigured .bash_profile as I don't think yum would have
configured it for me. My question is where does yum stick the bin and lib
files that I need to reference in my profile? What should my bash_profile
look like? Thank you for reading and am eagerly awaiting your reply.

-Jacob

My Profile:
# .bash_profile
# Get the aliases and functions
if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
        . ~/.bashrc
fi

# User specific environment and startup programs

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin

export PATH

When I try to run it:
[beowulf2_at_localhost Desktop]$ mpirun --hostfile hostfile -np 4 a.out
[localhost.localdomain:08564] Error: unknown option "--bootproxy"
input in flex scanner failed
[localhost.localdomain:06428] [0,0,0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Timeout in file
base/pls_base_orted_cmds.c at line 275
[localhost.localdomain:06428] [0,0,0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Timeout in file
pls_rsh_module.c at line 1166
[localhost.localdomain:06428] [0,0,0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Timeout in file
errmgr_hnp.c at line 90
[localhost.localdomain:06428] ERROR: A daemon on node 192.168.0.3 failed to
start as expected.
[localhost.localdomain:06428] ERROR: There may be more information available
from
[localhost.localdomain:06428] ERROR: the remote shell (see above).
[localhost.localdomain:06428] ERROR: The daemon exited unexpectedly with
status 2.
[localhost.localdomain:06428] [0,0,0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Timeout in file
base/pls_base_orted_cmds.c at line 188
[localhost.localdomain:06428] [0,0,0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Timeout in file
pls_rsh_module.c at line 1198
mpirun was unable to cleanly terminate the daemons for this job. Returned
value Timeout instead of ORTE_SUCCESS.
[beowulf2_at_localhost Desktop]$