Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Fwd: open mpi ptoblem with LAM previously installed
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-28 08:26:18

On May 27, 2009, at 5:45 PM, Dimar Gonzalez wrote:

> I have the following error when I run a job:
>
> It seems that there is no lamd running on the host cbuach.
> [snip]
> I added the environment variables in my .bashrc:
>
> PATH=/usr/local/openmpi-1.3.2/bin:$PATH
> export PATH
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/openmpi-1.3.2/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> I tried defining directly the path of the mpirun on the open-mpi
> folder:
>
> /usr/local/openmpi-1.3.2/bin/mpirun --host ubuntu-frontend -np 8 mb
> -i batch_flavescens.txt>log.txt &
>
> but doesn't work, I hope any help to fix this problem.

You might want to also check that your "mb" MPI application was
compiled with the Open MPI wrapper compilers (not LAM's wrapper
compilers).

Additionally, if no one is using LAM/MPI, you might want to remove
it. If LAM was installed by default on your system by the OS, you can
probably use your OS's package management system (rpm, yum, whatever)
to remove LAM.

Cisco Systems