Subject: Re: [OMPI users] users Digest, Vol 1242, Issue 5
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-28 07:23:21

On May 28, 2009, at 1:04 AM, Michael Kuklik wrote:

> I don't know why I didn't think about it. It works with the whole
> path.
>
> I put the intel env script in user .bash_login file.
> Do you think I should put the intel env script in the global shell
> config file like /etc/profile in order for libtool to see icc?

I think somehow your path is not always getting set properly, such
that some shells and/or sub-shells are not getting icc in the path.

Every site's default shell startup scripts are different; it's quite
possible that some sub-shell-startup script is wholly overwriting path
such that even though you added icc in your .bash_login, it disappears
because something in .bashrc (or later) is completely overwriting the
path with a new value.

Try either moving the sourcing of the intel script to your .bashrc so
that it's a per-shell invocation, or finding exactly what is
overwriting your path in sub-shells.

Cisco Systems