Subject: Re: [OMPI users] "An error occurred in MPI_Recv" with more than 2 CPU
From: Damien Hocking (damien_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-27 12:47:06

I've seen this behaviour with MUMPS on shared-memory machines as well
using MPI. I use the iterative refinement capability to sharpen the
last few digits of the solution ( 2 or 3 iterations is usually enough).
If you're not using that, give it a try, it will probably reduce the
noise you're getting in your results. The quality of the answer from a
direct solve is highly dependent on the matrix scaling and pivot order
and it's easy to get differences in the last few digits. MUMPS itself
is also asynchronous, and might not be completely deterministic in how
it solves if MPI processes can run in a different order.

Damien