Subject: [OMPI users] [Question] How does MPI map b/w processes and computere nodes ?
From: Le Duy Khanh (khanhtn24_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-26 09:11:08

Dear,
 I wonder how MPI maps b/w process and computer nodes. For example, I run 10 processes on 3 computers (pc1,pc2,pc3). Is that right if pc1 will have processes with rank=0,3,6,9; pc2 with rank=1,4,7 and pc3 with rank=2,5,8?
 For every run, will MPI run with the same mapping?
 Could we statically map b/w processes and computer nodes so that I might be easy for us to know which processs are running on which computer node regardless number of runs?
Le , Duy Khanh
Cellphone: (+84)958521704
Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering
Ho Chi Minh city University of Technology , Viet Nam