Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Bug in ompi-restart
From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-21 09:45:45

(Moving to ompi-users so that others might benefit from the answer)

Currently you cannot pass the --prefix option to ompi-restart. In
fact, most of the mpirun options are not exposed by the ompi-restart
tool (it becomes difficult to maintain). To assist users that want to
set additional options, I added the '--apponly' option which dumps an
appfile that can be directly used by mpirun to restart the application.

This appfile allows a user to modify the options to mpirun and each
individual application process as they desire. Once the appfile is
setup then the user can restart the application the same way ompi-
restart does by calling:
   mpirun -am ft-enable-cr --app your_appfile

Hope that helps,
Josh