From: Valmor de Almeida (val.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-14 01:00:15

Hello,

I am wondering whether light oversubscription could lead to a clobbered
program. The particular case is a fortran 77 (for the most part) code I
am working with that can only run on powers of 2 processes (starting
with power 1). When I run the program on my single-processor laptop, it
shows some erratic behavior, namely the fortran system calls that create
directories and rename files, etc. do not work after some point in the
program. I only use -np 2 and the hostfile is

'hostname' slots=1 max_slots=1

Changing the dimension of some larger arrays in the program do affect
the point where the system calls do not work. The status of the mpi
calls is normal; no errors reported. I am using gfortran 4.3.2 and
ompi-1.3.2

The program runs normally on my workstation with 4 processors with the
same compiler/ompi versions.

Thanks for any inputs.

--
Valmor