Subject: Re: [OMPI users] What alternatives do exist to "MCA memory: ptmalloc2" ?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-06 09:11:58

On May 6, 2009, at 8:41 AM, MKondrin wrote:

> There are some doubts about memory management in openmpi. Are there
> alternatives to MCA memory parameter (which is currently ptmalloc2) -
> just for testing?

I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you asking how to disable the
Open MPI memory manager? If so, it depends on what version of OMPI
you are using.

If you are using OMPI v1.2, you have to configure OMPI --without-
memory-manager.

If you are using OMPI v1.3 or v1.3.1, don't use the memory manager --
it's broken (see http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/announce/2009/03/0029.php)
.

If you are using OMPI v1.3.2, you can disable it by using --mca
mpi_leave_pinned 0. See http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=openfabrics#setting-mpi-leave-pinned-1.3.2
.

Cisco Systems