Subject: Re: [OMPI users] LSF launch with OpenMPI
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-05 09:38:00

On May 5, 2009, at 9:25 AM, Jeroen Kleijer wrote:

> If you wish to submit to lsf using its native commands (bsub) you
> can do the following:
>
> bsub -q ${QUEUE} -a openmpi -n ${CPUS} "mpirun.lsf -x PATH -x
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH -x MPI_BUFFER_SIZE ${COMMAND} ${OPTIONS}"
>
> It should be noted that in this case you don't call OpenMPI's mpirun
> directly but use the mpirun.lsf, a wrapper script provided by LSF.
> This wrapper script takes care of setting the necessary environment
> variables and eventually calls the correct mpirun. (the option "-a
> openmpi" tells LSF that we're using OpenMPI so don't try to
> autodetect)

I had forgotten about this.

I should ask my LSF contacts if this method still works with Open MPI
v1.3 (which natively supports LSF), or whether strange / interesting
failures occur because of the integration that mpirun.lsf does ends up
effectively conflicting with what OMPI's mpirun does internally...

Cisco Systems