Subject: Re: [OMPI users] LSF launch with OpenMPI
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-05 08:23:53

On May 5, 2009, at 6:10 AM, Matthieu Brucher wrote:

> The first is what the support of LSF by OpenMPI means. When mpirun is
> executed, it is an LSF job that is actually ran? Or what does it
> imply? I've tried to search on the openmpi website as well as on the
> internet, but I couldn't find a clear answer/use case.

What Terry said is correct. It means that "mpirun" will use, under
the covers, the "native" launching mechanism of LSF to launch jobs
(vs., say, rsh or ssh). It'll also discover the hosts to use for this
job without the use of a hostfile -- it'll query LSF directly to see
what hosts it should use.

> My second question is about the LSF detection. lsf.h is detected, but
> when lsb_launch is searched for ion libbat.so, it fails because
> parse_time and parse_time_ex are not found. Is there a way to add
> additional lsf libraries so that the search can be done?

Can you send all the data shown here:

     http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/

Cisco Systems