Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Open-MPI Presentation
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-24 16:04:36

On Apr 23, 2009, at 3:27 PM, Alex Margolin wrote:

> I'm a grad student, working on a MPI communication optimization, and
> I've been working with Open-MPI for quite a while now. I'm also a TA
> in a course about open-source development, and I would like to
> present Open-MPI as a case study. In particular, I thought about
> something along the lines of the developer workshop, only fitted in
> 2 hours time. I was hoping there is some editable material
> (possibly, copies of presentations) available. Can you point me in
> the right direction?

We have a fairly old set of slides from an Open MPI's developer's
workshop about 3 years ago (when many organizations came on board with
Open MPI). Much of that stuff is likely out of date, but some of the
lower level / glue stuff is likely at least partially relevant (read:
not totally out of date).

What kinds of things are you looking to present? Technical /
programming details about the internal guts of Open MPI itself, or
more of an MPI tutorial (e.g., how to write MPI programs)?

Cisco Systems