Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problem with running openMPI program
From: Ankush Kaul (ankush.rkaul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-22 05:49:28

@gus
we are not able to make hpl sucessfully.

i think it has to do something with blas

i cannot find blas tar file on the net, i found rpm but de installation
steps is with tar file.

#*locate blas* gave us the following result

*[root_at_ccomp1 hpl]# locate blas
/hpl/include/hpl_blas.h
/hpl/makes/Make.blas
/hpl/src/blas
/hpl/src/blas/HPL_daxpy.c
/hpl/src/blas/HPL_dcopy.c
/hpl/src/blas/HPL_dgemm.c
/hpl/src/blas/HPL_dgemv.c
/hpl/src/blas/HPL_dger.c
/hpl/src/blas/HPL_dscal.c
/hpl/src/blas/HPL_dswap.c
/hpl/src/blas/HPL_dtrsm.c
/hpl/src/blas/HPL_dtrsv.c
/hpl/src/blas/HPL_idamax.c
/hpl/src/blas/ccomp
/hpl/src/blas/i386
/hpl/src/blas/ccomp/Make.inc
/hpl/src/blas/ccomp/Makefile
/hpl/src/blas/i386/Make.inc
/hpl/src/blas/i386/Makefile
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/banded.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/blas.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/detail
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/exception.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/expression_types.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/functional.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/fwd.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/hermitian.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/io.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/lu.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/matrix.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/matrix_expression.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/matrix_proxy.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/matrix_sparse.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/operation.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/operation_blocked.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/operation_sparse.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/storage.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/storage_sparse.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/symmetric.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/traits.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/triangular.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/vector.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/vector_expression.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/vector_of_vector.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/vector_proxy.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/vector_sparse.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/detail/concepts.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/detail/config.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/detail/definitions.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/detail/documentation.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/detail/duff.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/detail/iterator.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/detail/matrix_assign.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/detail/raw.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/detail/returntype_deduction.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/detail/temporary.hpp
/usr/include/boost/numeric/ublas/detail/vector_assign.hpp
/usr/lib/libblas.so.3
/usr/lib/libblas.so.3.1
/usr/lib/libblas.so.3.1.1
/usr/lib/openoffice.org/basis3.0/share/gallery/htmlexpo/cublast.gif
/usr/lib/openoffice.org/basis3.0/share/gallery/htmlexpo/cublast_.gif
/usr/share/backgrounds/images/tiny_blast_of_red.jpg
/usr/share/doc/blas-3.1.1
/usr/share/doc/blas-3.1.1/blasqr.ps
/usr/share/man/manl/intro_blas1.l.gz*

When we try to make using the following command
*# make arch=ccomp*
**
it gives error :
*Makefile:47: Make.inc: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `Make.inc'. Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/hpl/src/auxil/ccomp'
make[1]: *** [build_src] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/hpl'
make: *** [build] Error 2*
**
*ccomp* folder is created but *xhpl* file is not created
is it some prob with de config file?