Open MPI logo

Open MPI User's Mailing List Archives

  |   Home   |   Support   |   FAQ   |   all Open MPI User's mailing list

Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Why do I only see 1 process running? Please help!
From: Grady Laksmono (gradyfausta_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-21 12:47:33


hey Thanks a lot,
well, I build the open-mpi package on the Desktop of RHEL 4.7 and then I
followed the instruction to put the path, which I believed were written as
/etc/openmpi/bin and /etc/openmpi/lib, which there's no such a path on my
Linux installation.. I'm wondering if there's a tutorial that specify the
specific step that I need to take for RHEL?

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 6:45 AM, Jeff Squyres <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> These kinds of messages are symptomatic that you compiled your applications
> with one version of Open MPI and ran with another. You might want to ensure
> that your examples are compiled against the same version of Open MPI that
> you're running with.
>
>
> On Apr 17, 2009, at 5:38 PM, Grady Laksmono wrote:
>
> Hi, here's what I have:
>>
>> hello_cxx example
>> [hpc_at_localhost examples]$ mpirun -n 2 hello_cxx
>> hello_cxx: Symbol `_ZN3MPI10COMM_WORLDE' has different size in shared
>> object, co nsider re-linking
>> hello_cxx: Symbol `_ZN3MPI10COMM_WORLDE' has different size in shared
>> object, co nsider re-linking
>> Hello, world! I am 0 of 1
>> libibverbs: Fatal: couldn't read uverbs ABI version.
>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> [0,0,0]: OpenIB on host localhost.localdomain was unable to find any HCAs.
>> Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in
>> lower performance.
>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> libibverbs: Fatal: couldn't read uverbs ABI version.
>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> [0,0,0]: OpenIB on host localhost.localdomain was unable to find any HCAs.
>> Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in
>> lower performance.
>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Hello, world! I am 0 of 1
>>
>> ring_cxx example
>> [hpc_at_localhost examples]$ mpirun -n 2 ring_cxx
>> ring_cxx: Symbol `_ZN3MPI10COMM_WORLDE' has different size in shared
>> object, consider re-linking
>> ring_cxx: Symbol `_ZN3MPI10COMM_WORLDE' has different size in shared
>> object, consider re-linking
>> libibverbs: Fatal: couldn't read uverbs ABI version.
>> libibverbs: Fatal: couldn't read uverbs ABI version.
>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> [0,0,0]: OpenIB on host localhost.localdomain was unable to find any HCAs.
>> Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in
>> lower performance.
>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> [0,0,0]: OpenIB on host localhost.localdomain was unable to find any HCAs.
>> Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in
>> lower performance.
>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Process 0 sending 10 to 0, tag 201 (1 processes in ring)
>> Process 0 sending 10 to 0, tag 201 (1 processes in ring)
>> Process 0 sent to 0
>> Process 0 sent to 0
>> Process 0 decremented value: 9
>> Process 0 decremented value: 8
>> Process 0 decremented value: 7
>> Process 0 decremented value: 6
>> Process 0 decremented value: 5
>> Process 0 decremented value: 4
>> Process 0 decremented value: 3
>> Process 0 decremented value: 2
>> Process 0 decremented value: 1
>> Process 0 decremented value: 0
>> Process 0 exiting
>> Process 0 decremented value: 9
>> Process 0 decremented value: 8
>> Process 0 decremented value: 7
>> Process 0 decremented value: 6
>> Process 0 decremented value: 5
>> Process 0 decremented value: 4
>> Process 0 decremented value: 3
>> Process 0 decremented value: 2
>> Process 0 decremented value: 1
>> Process 0 decremented value: 0
>> Process 0 exiting
>>
>> which is weird, I'm not sure what's wrong, but one thing that I realized
>> is that the documentation for running openmpi is outdated? here's my $PATH
>> and $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>>
>> [hpc_at_localhost ~]$ cat .bash_profile
>> # .bash_profile
>>
>> # Get the aliases and functions
>> if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
>> . ~/.bashrc
>> fi
>>
>> # User specific environment and startup programs
>>
>> PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:/usr/lib/openmpi/1.2.5-gcc/bin
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib/openmpi/1.2.5-gcc/lib
>>
>> export PATH
>> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>> unset USERNAME
>>
>> It's different that what the documentation had, because there's I couldn't
>> find the files in the /opt/openmpi
>> I hope that anyone could help?
>>
>> Thanks a lot!
>>
>> -- Grady
>> _______________________________________________
>> users mailing list
>> users_at_[hidden]
>> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users
>>
>
>
> --
> Jeff Squyres
> Cisco Systems
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> users_at_[hidden]
> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users
>

-- 
Grady Laksmono
gradyfausta_at_[hidden]
www.laksmono.com