Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problem with running openMPI program
From: Eugene Loh (Eugene.Loh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-21 11:33:15

Ankush Kaul wrote:
@Eugene
they are ok but we wanted something better, which would more clearly show de diff in using a single pc and the cluster.
Another option is the NAS Parallel Benchmarks.  They are older, but well known, self-verifying, report performance, and relatively small and accessible.
@Prakash
i had prob with running de programs as they were compiling using mpcc n not mpicc

@gus
we are tryin 2 figure out de hpl config, its quite complicated, also de locate command lists lots of confusing results.

@jeff
i think u are correct we may have installed openmpi without VT support, but is there anythin we can do now???
Reinstall OMPI?
One more thing I found this program but dont know how to run it : http://www.cis.udel.edu/~pollock/367/manual/node35.html
That may depend on more than just MPI.  You need some graphics.  You might need the MPICH MPE environment.

If I understand where you're at on this, you might also try writing your own MPI programs.  Run something simple.  Then something a little more complicated.  And so on.  Build something bit by bit.  Good luck.