Open MPI logo

Open MPI User's Mailing List Archives

  |   Home   |   Support   |   FAQ   |   all Open MPI User's mailing list

Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Why do I only see 1 process running? Please help!
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-21 09:45:21


These kinds of messages are symptomatic that you compiled your
applications with one version of Open MPI and ran with another. You
might want to ensure that your examples are compiled against the same
version of Open MPI that you're running with.

On Apr 17, 2009, at 5:38 PM, Grady Laksmono wrote:

> Hi, here's what I have:
>
> hello_cxx example
> [hpc_at_localhost examples]$ mpirun -n 2 hello_cxx
> hello_cxx: Symbol `_ZN3MPI10COMM_WORLDE' has different size in
> shared object, co nsider re-linking
> hello_cxx: Symbol `_ZN3MPI10COMM_WORLDE' has different size in
> shared object, co nsider re-linking
> Hello, world! I am 0 of 1
> libibverbs: Fatal: couldn't read uverbs ABI version.
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [0,0,0]: OpenIB on host localhost.localdomain was unable to find any
> HCAs.
> Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in
> lower performance.
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> libibverbs: Fatal: couldn't read uverbs ABI version.
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [0,0,0]: OpenIB on host localhost.localdomain was unable to find any
> HCAs.
> Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in
> lower performance.
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Hello, world! I am 0 of 1
>
> ring_cxx example
> [hpc_at_localhost examples]$ mpirun -n 2 ring_cxx
> ring_cxx: Symbol `_ZN3MPI10COMM_WORLDE' has different size in shared
> object, consider re-linking
> ring_cxx: Symbol `_ZN3MPI10COMM_WORLDE' has different size in shared
> object, consider re-linking
> libibverbs: Fatal: couldn't read uverbs ABI version.
> libibverbs: Fatal: couldn't read uverbs ABI version.
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [0,0,0]: OpenIB on host localhost.localdomain was unable to find any
> HCAs.
> Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in
> lower performance.
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [0,0,0]: OpenIB on host localhost.localdomain was unable to find any
> HCAs.
> Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in
> lower performance.
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Process 0 sending 10 to 0, tag 201 (1 processes in ring)
> Process 0 sending 10 to 0, tag 201 (1 processes in ring)
> Process 0 sent to 0
> Process 0 sent to 0
> Process 0 decremented value: 9
> Process 0 decremented value: 8
> Process 0 decremented value: 7
> Process 0 decremented value: 6
> Process 0 decremented value: 5
> Process 0 decremented value: 4
> Process 0 decremented value: 3
> Process 0 decremented value: 2
> Process 0 decremented value: 1
> Process 0 decremented value: 0
> Process 0 exiting
> Process 0 decremented value: 9
> Process 0 decremented value: 8
> Process 0 decremented value: 7
> Process 0 decremented value: 6
> Process 0 decremented value: 5
> Process 0 decremented value: 4
> Process 0 decremented value: 3
> Process 0 decremented value: 2
> Process 0 decremented value: 1
> Process 0 decremented value: 0
> Process 0 exiting
>
> which is weird, I'm not sure what's wrong, but one thing that I
> realized is that the documentation for running openmpi is outdated?
> here's my $PATH and $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> [hpc_at_localhost ~]$ cat .bash_profile
> # .bash_profile
>
> # Get the aliases and functions
> if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
> . ~/.bashrc
> fi
>
> # User specific environment and startup programs
>
> PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:/usr/lib/openmpi/1.2.5-gcc/bin
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib/openmpi/1.2.5-gcc/lib
>
> export PATH
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> unset USERNAME
>
> It's different that what the documentation had, because there's I
> couldn't find the files in the /opt/openmpi
> I hope that anyone could help?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> -- Grady
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> users_at_[hidden]
> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users

-- 
Jeff Squyres
Cisco Systems