Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Intel compiler libraries (was: libnuma issue)
From: Francesco Pietra (chiendarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-17 11:30:49

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 6:04 PM, Douglas Guptill <douglas.guptill_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 05:29:14PM +0200, Francesco Pietra wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Jeff Squyres <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Given my inexperience as system analyzer, I assume that I am messing
>> something. Unfortunately, i was unable to discover where I am messing.
>> An editor is waiting completion of calculations requested by a
>> referee, and I am unable to answer.
>>
>> thanks a lot for all you have tried to put me on the right road
>
> I wonder if the confusion stems from the requirement to "source" the
> intel compiler setup files in (at least) two situations:
>  1. when compiling the (MPI) application
>  2. when running the (MPI) application
>
> My solution to the second has been to create - as part of the build
> process for my application - a "run" script for it.  That script
> sources the intel setup files, then runs the application.
>
> Here is part of the script that runs my application:

> # If it is defined, source the intel setup script.
> #
> if test "x/opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/074/bin/ifortvars.sh intel64" != x ; then
>    echo "setup the intel compiler with </opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/074/bin/ifortvars.sh intel64>"
>    . /opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/074/bin/ifortvars.sh intel64
>    if test -z $(echo ${LD_LIBRARY_PATH} | grep intel) ; then
>        echo "Don't see intel in LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}>"
>        echo "you may have trouble"
>    fi
> fi
> # run my program
>
> I am running only on the 4 cores of one machine, so this solution may
> not work for MPI applications that run on multiple machines.

I could try, however, where did you place the script? I can't (or do
not want) to souece system wide. Whichever I tried to source intels
non-interactively with debian did not work, while ~/.profile should
direct toward ~/.bashrc. I do not dare say "bug", however, debian
people do not answer. In the past that sourcing worked well with
debian.

thanks
francesco