Subject: Re: [OMPI users] default current working directory of started application
From: Jerome BENOIT (ml.jgmbenoit_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-16 11:17:16

Hi Again,

Ralph Castain wrote:
> Hmmmm....okay, I can see that. Are you looking for an mca param that
> specifies a file that might contain config info we should read when
> starting up the orted?

an mca param sound appropriate.
Here, so far I can understand, orted is not involved: on my SLURM cluster, I added as
regular user in my local `~/.openmpi/mca-params.conf' file the line
`plm_slurm_args = --chdir=/local/<USERNAME>', where the /local _s are
local directories. This is for orted part.

For the wdir of the spawned programs, unless specified through MPI_Info,
the last assumed default is $HOME: this is the default that should be configurable.

By the way, it would be nice to be able to use some tokens of the form %T (see sshd_config)
in the mca-params.conf . For my previous example, with sshd_config convention:

plm_slurm_args = --chdir=/local/%u

in the system wide configuration file `/etc/openmpi/openmpi-mca-params.conf' ,
or something as

plm_slurm_args = --chdir=$LOCALDIR

hth,
Jerome

What would this local configuration file look