Open MPI logo

Open MPI User's Mailing List Archives

  |   Home   |   Support   |   FAQ   |   all Open MPI User's mailing list

Subject: Re: [OMPI users] libnuma issue
From: Francesco Pietra (chiendarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-16 08:56:24


Did not work the way I implemented the suggestion.

./configure CC=/..cce..icc CXX/. cce..icpc F77=/..fce..ifort
FC=/..fce..ifort --with-libnuma=/usr --prefix=/usr --enable-static

./configure CC=/..cce..icc CXX/. cce..icpc F77=/..fce..ifort
FC=/..fce..ifort --with-libnuma=/usr --prefix=/usr
then editing Makefile by adding "LDFLAGS = -static-intel"

./configure CC=/..cce..icc CXX/. cce..icpc F77=/..fce..ifort
FC=/..fce..ifort --with-libnuma=/usr --prefix=/usr
then editing Makefile by replacing "LDFLAGS" with "LDFLAGS = -static-intel"

In all 3 cases orterun error: libimf.so not found (the library was
sourced with the *.sh intel scripts)

francesco

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 4:43 AM, Nysal Jan <jnysal_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> You could try statically linking the Intel-provided libraries. Use
> LDFLAGS=-static-intel
>
> --Nysal
>
> On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 21:03 +0200, Francesco Pietra wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Prentice Bisbal <prentice_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> > Francesco Pietra wrote:
>> >> I used --with-libnuma=/usr since Prentice Bisbal's suggestion and it
>> >> worked. Unfortunately, I found no way to fix the failure in finding
>> >> libimf.so when compiling openmpi-1.3.1 with intels, as you have seen
>> >> in other e-mail from me. And gnu compilers (which work well with both
>> >> openmpi and the slower code of my application) are defeated by the
>> >> faster code of my application. With limited hardware resources, I must
>> >> rely on that 40% speeding up.
>> >>
>> >
>> > To fix the libimf.so problem you need to include the path to Intel's
>> > libimf.so in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. On my system, I
>> > installed v11.074 of the Intel compilers in /usr/local/intel, so my
>> > libimf.so file is located here:
>> >
>> > /usr/local/intel/Compiler/11.0/074/lib/intel64/libimf.so
>> >
>> > So I just add that to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH:
>> >
>> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/intel/Compiler/11.0/074/lib/intel64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>> > export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>>
>> Just a clarification: With my system I use the latest intels version
>> 10, 10.1.2.024, and mkl 10.1.2.024 because it proved difficult to make
>> a debian package with version 11. At
>>
>> echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>>
>> /opt/intel/mkl/10.1.2.024/lib/em64t:/opt/intel/cce/10.1.022/lib:opt/intel/fce/10.1.022/lib:/usr/local/lib
>>
>> (that /lib contains libimf.so)
>>
>> That results from sourcing in my .bashrc:
>>
>> . /opt/intel/fce/10.1.022/bin/ifortvars.sh
>> . /opt/intel/cce/10.1.022/bin/iccvars.sh
>>
>>  Did you suppress that sourcing before exporting the LD_EXPORT_PATH to
>> the library at issue? Having so much turned around the proble, it is
>> not unlikely that I am messing myself.
>>
>> thanks
>> francesco
>>
>>
>> >
>> > Now I can run whatever programs need libimf.so without any problems. In
>> > your case, you'll want to that before your make command.
>> >
>> > Here's exactly what I use to compile OpenMPI with the Intel Compilers:
>> >
>> > export PATH=/usr/local/intel/Compiler/11.0/074/bin/intel64:$PATH
>> >
>> > export
>> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/intel/Compiler/11.0/074/lib/intel64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>> >
>> > ../configure CC=icc CXX=icpc F77=ifort FC=ifort
>> > --prefix=/usr/local/openmpi-1.2.8/intel-11/x86_64 --disable-ipv6
>> > --with-sge --with-openib --enable-static
>> >
>> > --
>> > Prentice
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > users mailing list
>> > users_at_[hidden]
>> > http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users
>> >
>> _______________________________________________
>> users mailing list
>> users_at_[hidden]
>> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users
>
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> users_at_[hidden]
> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users
>