Subject: [OMPI users] An mpirun question
From: Min Zhu (min.zhu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-16 05:43:08

Dear all,

I wonder if you could help me with this question.

I have got 3 Linux servers with 8 processors on each server. If I want
to run a job using mpirun command

and specify the number of processors to be used on each server. Is there
any way to do this? At the moment,

I find that I can only issue such command "mpirun -np 14 -host cfd1,cfd2
./wrf.exe' which means the mpirun

Will run the job using 7 processors on each server cfd1 and cfd2. Can I
specify say using 8 processors on cfd1 and

6 processors on cfd2? I ask this question because I found that the
different combination of processors on those

Servers can influence the computation time dramatically. Thank you very
much in advance,

Cheers,

Min Zhu

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, contains information that may be confidential, and is protected by copyright. It is directed to the intended recipient(s) only. If you have received this e-mail in error please e-mail the sender by replying to this message, and then delete the e-mail. Unauthorised disclosure, publication, copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. Any communication of a personal nature in this e-mail is not made by or on behalf of any RES group company. E-mails sent or received may be monitored to ensure compliance with the law, regulation and/or our policies.