This web mail archive is frozen.
This page is part of a frozen web archive of this mailing list.
You can still navigate around this archive, but know that no new mails
have been added to it since July of 2016.
Click here to be taken to the new web archives of this list; it includes all the mails that are in this frozen archive plus all new mails that have been sent to the list since it was migrated to the new archives.
Francesco Pietra wrote:
> I used --with-libnuma=/usr since Prentice Bisbal's suggestion and it
> worked. Unfortunately, I found no way to fix the failure in finding
> libimf.so when compiling openmpi-1.3.1 with intels, as you have seen
> in other e-mail from me. And gnu compilers (which work well with both
> openmpi and the slower code of my application) are defeated by the
> faster code of my application. With limited hardware resources, I must
> rely on that 40% speeding up.
To fix the libimf.so problem you need to include the path to Intel's
libimf.so in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. On my system, I
installed v11.074 of the Intel compilers in /usr/local/intel, so my
libimf.so file is located here:
So I just add that to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH:
Now I can run whatever programs need libimf.so without any problems. In
your case, you'll want to that before your make command.
Here's exactly what I use to compile OpenMPI with the Intel Compilers:
../configure CC=icc CXX=icpc F77=ifort FC=ifort
--with-sge --with-openib --enable-static