Subject: Re: [OMPI users] libnuma issue
From: Prentice Bisbal (prentice_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-15 14:39:26

Francesco Pietra wrote:
> I used --with-libnuma=/usr since Prentice Bisbal's suggestion and it
> worked. Unfortunately, I found no way to fix the failure in finding
> when compiling openmpi-1.3.1 with intels, as you have seen
> in other e-mail from me. And gnu compilers (which work well with both
> openmpi and the slower code of my application) are defeated by the
> faster code of my application. With limited hardware resources, I must
> rely on that 40% speeding up.

To fix the problem you need to include the path to Intel's in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. On my system, I
installed v11.074 of the Intel compilers in /usr/local/intel, so my file is located here:

So I just add that to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

Now I can run whatever programs need without any problems. In
your case, you'll want to that before your make command.

Here's exactly what I use to compile OpenMPI with the Intel Compilers:

export PATH=/usr/local/intel/Compiler/11.0/074/bin/intel64:$PATH

../configure CC=icc CXX=icpc F77=ifort FC=ifort
--prefix=/usr/local/openmpi-1.2.8/intel-11/x86_64 --disable-ipv6
--with-sge --with-openib --enable-static