Subject: Re: [OMPI users] libnuma issue
From: Francesco Pietra (chiendarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-15 14:06:54

I used --with-libnuma=/usr since Prentice Bisbal's suggestion and it
worked. Unfortunately, I found no way to fix the failure in finding
libimf.so when compiling openmpi-1.3.1 with intels, as you have seen
in other e-mail from me. And gnu compilers (which work well with both
openmpi and the slower code of my application) are defeated by the
faster code of my application. With limited hardware resources, I must
rely on that 40% speeding up.

My post how to implement the -rpath flag, which should fix the
libimf.so problem, has found no answer. And i found no help through
google. If you have a suggestion on that it would be great.
I was referring to the following notes: "However, dynamic linkage is
also a headache in that the mechanisms
used to find shared libraries during dynamic loading are not all that robust
on Linux systems running MPICH or other MPI packages. Typically the
LOAD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable will be used to find shared libraries
during loading, but this variable is not reliably propagated to all processes.
For this reason, for the compilers that use compiler shared libraries (ifort,
pathscale), we use LD_LIBRARY_PATH during configuration to set an -rpath
linkage option, which is reliably available in the executable. This works
well as long as you insure that the path is the same for all machines running
pmemd. Earlier versions of ifort actually also set -rpath, but this was
dropped due to confusing error messages when ifort is executed without
arguments."

thanks
francesco