Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Debugging memory use of Open MPI
From: Chris Gottbrath (chris.gottbrath_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-14 21:40:27

Eugene,

On Apr 14, 2009, at 7:10 PM, Eugene Loh wrote:
> Shaun Jackman wrote:
>
>> Wow. Thanks, Eugene. I definitely have to look into the Sun HPC
>> ClusterTools. It looks as though it could be very informative.
>
> Great. And, I didn't mean to slight TotalView. I'm just not
> familiar with it.

No slight taken -- at least by this "TotalView Guy". Took a look at
your document. Cool stuff.

Tracing is a different technique than interactive debugging and
provides a lot of information. There are certainly some
problems that can only be looked at with tracing-type techniques.

Cheers,
Chris

Chris Gottbrath, 508-652-7735 or 774-270-3155
Director of Product Management, TotalView Technologies
chris.gottbrath_at_[hidden]

--
Learn how to radically simplify your debugging:
http://www.totalviewtech.com/support/white_papers.html?id=163