Subject: [OMPI users] Problem with MPI_File_read() (2)
From: Jovana Knezevic (jovana.knezevic.83_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-14 18:50:55

> Hi Jovana,
>
> 825307441 is 0x31313131 in base 16 (hexadecimal), which is the string
> `1111' in ASCII. MPI_File_read reads in binary values (not ASCII) just
> as the standard functions read(2) and fread(3) do.
>
> So, your program is fine; however, your data file (first.dat) is not.
>
> Cheers,
> Shaun

Thank you very much, Shaun! Ok, now I realise it's really stupid that
I was trying so hard to get the result that I wanted :-)
Well, it seems it's not a problem if I'm just reading with
MPI_File_read and writing with MPI_File_write, but if I try to do some
calculations with the data I read, it doesn't work... Do you maybe
have some idea how one can deal with this ( I have an input file for
my project - much larger code than the sample I gave last time -
consisting of integers, doubles, characters and so on... Maybe it's a
silly question, but can I convert my input file somehow into something
so that it works? :-) Any ideas would help.
Thanks again.

Cheers,
Jovana