Subject: Re: [OMPI users] PGI Fortran pthread support
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-14 12:14:13

On Apr 14, 2009, at 11:28 AM, Orion Poplawski wrote:

> Sorry, it inherits it from I hate libtool.

To be fair, Libtool actually does a pretty darn good job at a very
complex job. :-)

These corner cases are pretty obscure (mixing one vendor's fortran
compiler with another vendor's C compiler) and admittedly are not
handled properly by Libtool. But one has to ask: what exactly *is*
the Right Thing to do in this scenario in a general case? It's a
pretty hard problem to solve...

FWIW, I did post this issue to the Libtool bug list.

Jeff Squyres
Cisco Systems