Subject: Re: [OMPI users] shared libraries issue compiling1.3.1/intel10.1.022
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-14 10:49:17

On Apr 13, 2009, at 12:07 PM, Francesco Pietra wrote:

> I knew that but have considered it again. I wonder whether the info at
> the end of this mail suggests how to operate from the viewpoint of
> openmpi in compiling a code.
>
> In trying to compile openmpi-1.3.1 on debian amd64 lenny, intels
> 10.1.022 do not see their librar libimf.so, which is on the unix path
> as required by your reference. A mixed compilation gcc g++ ifort only
> succeeded with a Tyan S2895, not with four-socket Supermicro boards,
> which are of my need.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Compiling OMPI shouldn't be
influenced on which hardware you have -- it should be a factor of your
OS's and compilers...?

> The problem was solved with gcc g++ gfortran. The openmpi-1.3.1
> examples run correctly and Amber10 sander.MPI could be built plainly.
>
> What remains unfulfilled - along similar lines - is the compilation of
> Amber9 sander.MPI which I need. Installation of bison fulfilled the
> request of yacc, and serial compilation passed.

I think you need to contact the Amber9 maintainers for help with this;
we unfortunately have no visibility into their software, although I
will say this:

> gfortran -c -O0 -fno-second-underscore -march=nocona -ffree-form -o
> evb_init.o _evb_init.f
> Error: Can't open included file 'mpif-common.h'

This looks like a broken Open MPI installation and/or not using
mpif77 / mpif90 to compile the application. mpif-common.h should be
installed properly such that it can be found via mpif77 / mpif90.

Contact the Amber maintainers and ask them why they're not using
mpif77 / mpif90 to compile their application. Or, if they're not
interested, see if you can fix the Amber9 build process to use
mpif77 / mpif90. Without knowing anything about Amber9, that's my
best guess as to how to make it compile properly.

Cisco Systems