Subject: [OMPI users] openmpi src rpm and message coalesce
From: vkm (viral.vkm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-10 09:54:05

Hi,

I was trying to understand how "btl_openib_use_message_coalescing" is working.

Since for a certain test scenario, IMB-EXT is working if I use "btl_openib_use_message_coalescing = 0" and not for "btl_openib_use_message_coalescing = 1"
No idea, who can have BUG here either open-mpi or low-level-driver !! ??

Howsoever, I have one more concern as well. I added some prints to debug openmpi.

I was following below procedure,
Extract OFED TAR
Extract openmpi*.src.rpm
Go to SOURCE
Extract openmpi*.tgz
modify code
Create TAR
Create openmpi*.src.rpm
Build rpm

But, it was taking whole lot of my time. Is there any short cut ?