Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Factor of 10 loss in performance with 1.3.x
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-07 15:40:13

I would really suggest looking at George's note first as I think you
are chasing your tail here. It sounds like the most likely problem is
that OMPI thinks you are oversubscribed and is setting sched_yield
accordingly. which would fully account for these diffs.

Note that the methods for setting sched yield are different between
the various releases, so something could be catching you here. If you
are sure you aren't oversubscribing, then set -mca mpi_yield_when_idle
0 on your cmd line to override any internal settings.