Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problem with insatlling OpenMPI on compute node
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-04 09:37:49

I'm not too familiar with that tutorial nor your particular method of
installation. In general, Open MPI needs a bunch of files to be
available on all nodes (e.g., see if you can find "mpirun" on all
nodes). See these FAQ entries:

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#run-prereqs
http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#adding-ompi-to-path
http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#mpirun-prefix

On Apr 4, 2009, at 7:23 AM, Ankush Kaul wrote:

> I followed the steps given here to setup up openMPI cluster : http://www.ps3cluster.umassd.edu/step3mpi.html
>
> My cluster consists of two nodes, master(running on fedora 10) and
> compute(CentOS 5.2) node, connected directly through a cross cable.
>
> I installed openmpi on both, there were many folders n files on de
> master node but there were none on de compute node. i again ran yum
> install openmpi successfully on de compute node but still there were
> no openmpi folders or files installed.
>
> Why is this happening? is it because of the OS?

Cisco Systems