Subject: [OMPI users] Problem with insatlling OpenMPI on compute node
From: Ankush Kaul (ankush.rkaul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-04 07:23:06

I followed the steps given here to setup up openMPI cluster :
http://www.ps3cluster.umassd.edu/step3mpi.html
My cluster consists of two nodes, master(running on fedora 10) and
compute(CentOS 5.2) node, connected directly through a cross cable.

I installed openmpi on both, there were many folders n files on de master
node but there were none on de compute node. i again ran yum install openmpi
successfully on de compute node but still there were no openmpi folders or
files installed.

Why is this happening? is it because of the OS?