Subject: Re: [OMPI users] [Fwd: Re: Configure OpenMPIand SLURMon Debian (Lenny)]
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-03 09:20:20

What George is saying is that OMPI has two different systems that use
sockets: the BTL (MPI communications) and the OOB (OMPI's internal
management communications).

We've been talking about the TCP BTL parameters over the rest of this
thread.

For the TCP OOB, it looks like the parameter name is
"oob_tcp_static_ports". I think it takes a comma-delimited list of
ports. You can probably specify, say, 10000 for btl_tcp_port_min_v4
and 9000 for oob_tcp_static_ports. For example:

     mpirun --mca oob_tcp_static_ports 9000 --mca oob_tcp_static_ports
10000 --mca btl tcp,self ring

If you don't want to put those two variables on every mpirun command,
you can set them in your environment, put them in your personal params
file, or in the master params file. Just make sure that those files
are either the same on all nodes or visible on all nodes. :-)

     http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=tuning#setting-mca-params

On Apr 3, 2009, at 4:33 AM, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

> Hello List !
>
> George Bosilca wrote:
> > The range of ports for the OOB TCP has been removed by commit
> r20390.
> > Apparently it was replaced by the static port functionality. Only
> the
> > TCP BTL use the range mechanism.
>

> if applicable, what is the parameter name for the this static port ?

Cisco Systems