Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openmpi 1.3.1: bind() failed: Permission denied (13)
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-03 09:12:48

On Apr 3, 2009, at 3:36 AM, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

> > This seems to be a local admin issue as such a line is unlikely to
> have been
> > added by either the Debian Open MPI or slurm packages.
>
> This is clearly an admin issue: maintaining a cluster of clones is
> quite a challenge :-)

It certainly is. You might want to look into getting some software to
help manage your cluster; there are several decent packages out
there. SLURM is good for workload management (I use it myself, but of
course, there are many others); there are others that help manage the
software side of your cluster (e.g., helping ensure you have the same
software installed on all nodes in the cluster, etc.). I personally
use Perceus, but there are several available.

Cisco Systems