Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openmpi 1.3.1: bind() failed: Permission denied (13)
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-02 20:37:48

On Apr 2, 2009, at 6:35 PM, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

> It appeared that the file /etc/openmpi/openmpi-mca-params.conf on
> node green was the only one
> into the cluster to contain the line
>
> btl_tcp_port_min_v4 = 49152

Great -- glad you found the issue!

> Once the this line commented, the tests suggest below, and the
> sbatch script previously emailed,
> work.
>
> Now, if I put the above line, namely,
>
> btl_tcp_port_min_v4 = 49152

I believe that you have chosen a port number that is too high -- I,
too, can confirm that this breaks for me when I try it. But if I
choose a much lower port number (like 10000), it seems to work. Try
that in your setup on the command line:

     mpirun --mca btl_tcp_port_min_v4 10000 ...etc.

Looks like we need to do better range checking / print a better error
message here; our poor output did little/nothing to help diagnose this
problem. Sorry about that! I've opened up ticket #1869 for this
issue (https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/ticket/1869).

Cisco Systems