Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Issues on install 1.3.1
From: Gus Correa (gus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-02 14:45:38

Hi Francesco, list

I was thinking of compatibility (and consistency)
rather than of performance.
I don't know about Debian, but on CentOS 5.2 x86_64
the 64-bit libnuma library lives at /usr/lib64,
and the 32-bit version on /usr/lib.

If you are trying to build 64-bit OpenMPI libraries with libnuma
support, it sounds to me that the natural path to choose is /usr/lib64.

Sorry, I don't have an answer about performance.
You may need to ask somebody else or google around
about the relative performance of 32-bit vs. 64-bit mode.

Gus Correa
Gustavo Correa
Palisades, NY, 10964-8000 - USA