Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Open MPI 2009 released
From: Eugene Loh (Eugene.Loh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-02 10:15:12

Ah. George, you should have thought about that. I understand your
eagerness to share this exciting news, but perhaps an April-1st
announcement detracted from the seriousness of this grand development.

Here's another desirable MPI feature. People talk about "error
detection/correction". We should do that in MPI. Decide what the user
*meant* to do, and do that "under the hood" rather than what they
actually programmed. Now, *that* would be a competitive advantage!
(E.g., I'm spending a lot of time trying to get good latency
measurements... why can't OMPI just detect that and give me good latency
measurements!)