Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI 1.3.1 + BLCR build problem
From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-01 13:11:52

On Apr 1, 2009, at 12:42 PM, Dave Love wrote:

> Josh Hursey <jjhursey_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> The configure flag that you are looking for is:
>> --with-ft=cr
>
> Is there a good reason why --with-blcr doesn't imply it?

Not really. Though it is most likely difficult to make it happen given
the configure logic in Open MPI (at least the way I understand it). It
has to do with BLCR being a component, but the --with-ft flag being a
fundamental flag and the ordering between when the two would be
evaluated in the configure script.

>> You may also want to consider using the thread options too for
>> improved C/R response:
>> --enable-mpi-threads --enable-ft-thread
>
> Incidentally, the draft document linked from the FAQ has a typo:
> `--enable-mpi-thread' (with a missing `s').

Thanks. I'll fix this and post a new draft soon (I have a few other
items to put in there anyway).

Cheers,
Josh