Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Linux opteron infiniband sunstudio configure, problem
From: Kevin McManus (k.mcmanus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-31 16:36:38

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 10:11:17PM +0200, Bogdan Costescu wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, Bogdan Costescu wrote:
>
> >'uname -X' is valid on Solaris, but not on Linux.
>
> Not good to reply to oneself, but I've looked at the archives and
> realized that 'uname -X' comes from a message of the OP. My guess is
> that the same source directory was used to build for Solaris
> previously (maybe on shared NFS ?) and some state is being picked by a
> new ./configure run who then decides to treat the system as Solaris.
> So unpacking the archive again and starting building from scratch
> might be a good idea...

Hmmm...

The machine is isolated, no nfs but there is a SunStudio compiler suite
in my path before /bin and /user/bin.

A bit worrying if this is the answer but will re-arrange paths and try
unpacking again - anything is worth a try :-)

k.mcmanus_at_[hidden] - http://staffweb.cms.gre.ac.uk/~k.mcmanus
Dr Kevin McManus Queen Mary 413
School of Computing & Mathematical Sciences,
University of Greenwich,
Old Royal Naval College,
Park Row, Greenwich, Tel +44 (0)208 331 8719
London, SE10 9LS Fax +44 (0)208 331 8665

University of Greenwich, a charity and company limited by
guarantee, registered in England (reg no. 986729)
Registered Office: Old Royal Naval College