Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI 1.3.1 + BLCR build problem
From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-31 15:48:05

I think that the missing configure option might be the problem as
well. The BLCR configure logic checks to see if you have enabled
checkpoint/restart in Open MPI. If you haven't then it fails out of
configure (probably should print a better error message - I'll put
that on my todo list).

The configure flag that you are looking for is:
  --with-ft=cr

So try the following and let me know if that fixes the problem for you:
   ./configure --with-ft=cr --with-blcr=/opt/blcr --with-blcr-libdir=/
opt/blcr/lib --prefix=/opt/openmpi

Some of the configure options and runtime options are discussed in the
Checkpoint/Restart in Open MPI User's Guide which you can find linked
at the bottom of the following wiki page:
   https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/wiki/ProcessFT_CR

You may also want to consider using the thread options too for
improved C/R response:
   --enable-mpi-threads --enable-ft-thread

Best,
Josh