Subject: [OMPI users] OpenMPI 1.3.1 + BLCR build problem
From: M C (m_c_001_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-31 11:44:20

Hi guys,

This is my first foray into the world of OpenMPI (MPICH 1, 2 and LAM so far), and I'm keen to test checkpointing using the BLCR kernel modules. I get the BLCR components to build just fine (v0.8.1), but the OpenMPI build fails with:

% ./configure --with-blcr=/opt/blcr --with-blcr-libdir=/opt/blcr/lib --prefix=/opt/openmpi

<lots of stuff deleted>
--- MCA component crs:blcr (m4 configuration macro)
checking for MCA component crs:blcr compile mode... dso
checking --with-blcr value... sanity check ok (/opt/blcr)
checking --with-blcr-libdir value... sanity check ok (/opt/blcr/lib)
configure: WARNING: BLCR support requested but not found. Perhaps you need to specify the location of the BLCR libraries.
configure: error: Aborting.

This is strange, as both /opt/blcr and /opt/blcr/lib are sensibly populated:

% ls -F /opt/blcr
bin/ include/ lib/ man/

% ls -F /opt/blcr/lib
blcr/* libcr_run.a*

I'm using gcc 4.3.2 under Debian "Lenny" (kernel 2.6.26). Have I missed anything obvious?

Thanks for any help,

ps. Could this be related to the message posted last September: ?

All your Twitter and other social updates in one place