Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Linux opteron infiniband sunstudio configure problem
From: Kevin McManus (k.mcmanus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-30 15:25:56

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 02:01:13PM -0500, Ethan Mallove wrote:

> > > uname -X gives me "invalid option" on RHEL {4,5} and SLES {9,10}.
> >
> > which is what I would expect
> > do you also need to supply a platform identity/type as an argument?
> >
> > > Post your config.log file.
> >
> > attached to previous relpy
> > let me know if you need it re-sending
>
> Grasping at straws, I suggest putting /bin before /usr/bin in your
> PATH (we may be using different versions of grep, gawk, etc.). Try
> removing Absoft, Intel, and Pathscale compilers from your environment.

Indeed, this is my suspicion.
It will take me a while to figure out how to strim myself down, especially
as I don't have root access and default to tcsh.

> Does a plain configure (using no options) work? Maybe you could try
> removing configure options, to isolate which option is causing the
> problem.

Sorry, tried that already.

k.mcmanus_at_[hidden] - http://staffweb.cms.gre.ac.uk/~k.mcmanus
Dr Kevin McManus Queen Mary 413
School of Computing & Mathematical Sciences,
University of Greenwich,
Old Royal Naval College,
Park Row, Greenwich, Tel +44 (0)208 331 8719
London, SE10 9LS Fax +44 (0)208 331 8665

University of Greenwich, a charity and company limited by
guarantee, registered in England (reg no. 986729)
Registered Office: Old Royal Naval College