Subject: Re: [OMPI users] [Open MPI Announce] Critical bug notice
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-30 14:34:58

On Mar 27, 2009, at 2:54 PM, Åke Sandgren wrote:

> > The Open MPI team is working on a fix; it will be included in the
> > v1.3.2 release. Updates will be posted to the ticket.
>
> Will --with-memory-manager=none also work?
> I guess it would but I'd like a confirmation of this.

Yes, it should. However, I'm running into some oddness when I
configure --without-memory-manager. This is frustrating because I
know --without-memory-manager worked at some point; I'm disappointed
that we seem to have broken it. I'm working on a fix for the bug
right now; I'll also check out why --without-memory-manager does not
seem to be working. :-(

If you want to follow what I'm doing, I'm putting periodic updates on
this hg branch (no full solution posted yet):

     http://www.open-mpi.org/hg/hgwebdir.cgi/jsquyres/mallopt/

> The reason is that I'm having problems with BLACS with the
> memory-manager turned on.

Yes; this could definitely be related to your prior posting...

Cisco Systems