Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI_Test without deallocation
From: Shaun Jackman (sjackman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-25 19:34:06

If an MPI_Irecv has already been posted, and a single message is sent
to the receiver, then will an MPI_Probe return that there is no
message waiting to be received? The message has already been received
by the MPI_Irecv. It's the MPI_Request object of the MPI_Irecv call
that needs to be probed, but MPI_Test has the side effect of also
deallocating the MPI_Request object.

Cheers,
Shaun