Subject: [OMPI users] Bug report [?] on spawn processes - blocking when more than one Send/Recv
From: Lionel Gamet (Lionel.Gamet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-25 09:52:18

Dear openmpi users and developers,

I encounter dead-lock problems with spawn processes in openmpi, as
soon as more than one Send/Recv operation is done.

The test case I used has been extracted from the MPICH2 examples. It is
a simple parent/child program. The original version (see attached file
parent+child_from_MPICH2.tar.gz) works well under openmpi.
I use commands in run.cmd to compile and execute this example.

I have tried to add one more communication by duplicating the send/recv
calls of the original MPICH2 source (see modified files in attached tar
archive parent+child_with_more_send_recv.tar.gz) and get dead-lock
problems when executing this modified version ...

Can anybody reproduce this ? I am using openmpi version 1.3 on a
Linux CentOS 5.2 (i386), with all updates of the distribution done.
See also attached file ompi_info.txt.gz (result of the command ompi_info
--all).

Thanks in advance for any hints,

Best regards

Lionel