Subject: [OMPI users] Collective operations and synchronization
From: Shaun Jackman (sjackman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-23 16:29:44

I've just read in the Open MPI documentation [1] that collective
operations, such as MPI_Allreduce, may synchronize, but do not
necessarily synchronize. My algorithm requires a collective operation
and synchronization; is there a better (more efficient?) method than
simply calling MPI_Allreduce followed by MPI_Barrier?

Thanks,
Shaun

[1] http://www.mpi-forum.org/docs/mpi21-report-bw/node85.htm