Open MPI logo

Open MPI User's Mailing List Archives

  |   Home   |   Support   |   FAQ   |   all Open MPI User's mailing list

Subject: Re: [OMPI users] PATH_MAX error with compiling openmpi 1.3.1 with intel compilers
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-23 15:40:04


Ah - guess the VampirTrace guys missed those. In the interim, you can
disable that part of the code by adding

--enable-contrib-no-build=vt

to your configure line

Ralph

On Mar 23, 2009, at 1:34 PM, Rene Salmon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the release notes for openmpi-1.3.1 there was this:
>
> - Fix a few places where we used PATH_MAX instead of OMPI_PATH_MAX,
> leading to compile problems on some platforms. Thanks to Andrea Iob
> for the bug report.
>
>
> I guess maybe all the places where PATH_MAX appears did not get
> replaced?
>
> Here is what i get when I try to compile openmpi 1.3.1 with intel
> compilers l_cc_p_10.1.021:
>
> icc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../tools/opari/lib -I../extlib/otf/
> otflib
> -I../ex
> tlib/otf/otflib -D_GNU_SOURCE -DBINDIR=
> \"/hpc/soft/openmpi/x86_64/1.3.1/tcp/
> bin\" -DDATADIR=\"/hpc/soft/openmpi/x86_64/1.3.1/tcp/share/
> vampirtrace\"
> -DRFG -
> DVT_BFD -DVT_MEMHOOK -DVT_IOWRAP -static-intel -MT vt_error.o -MD -MP
> -MF .deps
> /vt_error.Tpo -c -o vt_error.o vt_error.c
> mv -f .deps/vt_error.Tpo .deps/vt_error.Po
> icc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../tools/opari/lib -I../extlib/otf/
> otflib
> -I../ex
> tlib/otf/otflib -D_GNU_SOURCE -DBINDIR=
> \"/hpc/soft/openmpi/x86_64/1.3.1/tcp/
> bin\" -DDATADIR=\"/hpc/soft/openmpi/x86_64/1.3.1/tcp/share/
> vampirtrace\"
> -DRFG -
> DVT_BFD -DVT_MEMHOOK -DVT_IOWRAP -static-intel -MT vt_metmap.o -MD -
> MP
> -MF .dep
> s/vt_metmap.Tpo -c -o vt_metmap.o vt_metmap.c
> mv -f .deps/vt_metmap.Tpo .deps/vt_metmap.Po
> icc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../tools/opari/lib -I../extlib/otf/
> otflib
> -I../ex
> tlib/otf/otflib -D_GNU_SOURCE -DBINDIR=
> \"/hpc/soft/openmpi/x86_64/1.3.1/tcp/
> bin\" -DDATADIR=\"/hpc/soft/openmpi/x86_64/1.3.1/tcp/share/
> vampirtrace\"
> -DRFG -
> DVT_BFD -DVT_MEMHOOK -DVT_IOWRAP -static-intel -MT vt_otf_gen.o -MD
> -MP
> -MF .de
> ps/vt_otf_gen.Tpo -c -o vt_otf_gen.o vt_otf_gen.c
> vt_otf_gen.c(117): error: identifier "PATH_MAX" is undefined
> char name[PATH_MAX];
> ^
>
> compilation aborted for vt_otf_gen.c (code 2)
> make[5]: *** [vt_otf_gen.o] Error 2
> make[5]: Leaving directory `/tmp/openmpi-1.3.1/ompi/contrib/vt/vt/
> vtlib'
> make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[4]: Leaving directory `/tmp/openmpi-1.3.1/ompi/contrib/vt/vt'
> make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/openmpi-1.3.1/ompi/contrib/vt/vt'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/openmpi-1.3.1/ompi/contrib/vt'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/openmpi-1.3.1/ompi'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
>
>
>
> Seems like ompi/contrib/vt/vt/vtlib/vt_otf_gen.c and
> ompi/contrib/vt/vt/vtlib/vt_thrd.c need to be updated as well.
>
> I took the relevant parts of Andrea Iob's patch for the two files
> above
> and tried again and things compiled fine.
> http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2009/01/7785.php
>
>
>
> Rene
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> users_at_[hidden]
> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users