Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpirun/exec requires ssh?
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-23 13:30:50

I regularly run jobs like that on 1.3.1 - it has no desire to use ssh
to start anything. On a local host such as this command uses, all
mpiexec does is fork/exec the procs.

It sounds like something strange is going on in your environment that
makes OMPI think it is launching on a remote host. Most likely cause
is something in your Ethernet configuration. Can you send us the
output of ifconfig (or whatever your equivalent is)?