Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Compiling Open MPI with PGI compilers in 32-bit mode
From: Prentice Bisbal (prentice_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-20 14:17:20

Prentice Bisbal wrote:
> Ethan,
>
> I agree with Doug. Did you try to build for 64-bit in the same
> directory? If so, you need to do a 'make clean' or 'make distclean'
> before compiling for 32-bit.
>
> Even if you didn't try to compile for 64-bit yourself, try doing 'make
> clean' or 'make distclean'. ;)

I should add that I had a similar problem only a couple of weeks ago
with a different piece of software. The .o files were of type "Mach-0".
The developer did his developing on a Mac, and the tarball contained the
.o files from his own builds. He didn't have a 'make clean' or 'make
distclean' in his Makefile, so I had to resort to

find . -name \*.o -exec rm \{\} \;

which fixed the problem.

--
Prentice