Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Myrinet optimization with OMP1.3 and macosX
From: Scott Atchley (atchley_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-20 09:21:01

On Mar 20, 2009, at 5:59 AM, Ricardo Fernández-Perea wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am running DL_POLY in various Xserver 8 processor with a myrinet
> network.using mx-1.2.7
>
> While I keep in the same node the process scales reasonably well but
> in the moment I hit the network ...
>
> I will like to try to maximize the mx network before trying to
> touch the program code.

Have you run mx_pingpong between the nodes to determine what raw
performance you are getting?

For each pair of machines, run:

Host foo:
$ mx_pingpong -s

Host bar:
$ mx_pingpong -d foo -S 0 -E 5000000 -M 2

where "-d foo" means the MX hostname of foo. It could be foo or foo:0
(or foo:1 if you have two NICs, etc.).

See http://www.myri.com/serve/cache/455.html for more details.

Repeat the above after setting MX_RCACHE=1 on both hosts.

Scott