Subject: Re: [OMPI users] btl_openib_ib_max_inline_data warnings
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-20 08:37:48

On Mar 19, 2009, at 4:02 PM, Gary Draving wrote:

> I have written a simple ring program that seems to run fine but I get
> the following warning even though I am not explicitly defining the
> btl_openib_ib_max_inline_data with an MCA parm. I'm only getting the
> warning in the 3 machines that have the QLE7240, the other 40+
> machines
> with Mellanox cards give no such warning.

Mixing vendor HCA's is not a well-tested scenario. :-\

Work is literally just starting now to qualify this kind of environment.

That being said, what you're doing *should* work (setting the max
inline data to 0). Expect more news on this front probably beginning
in the 1.5 series.

> WARNING: The btl_openib_ib_max_inline_data MCA parameter was
> used to

Oops -- this looks like an outdated help message. The actual
parameter name is btl_openib_max_inline_data (just drop the "ib_"; we
deprecated the "ib_" part of it when we started supporting iwarp).
I'll fix the help message; sorry about that!

Cisco Systems