Subject: [OMPI users] btl_openib_ib_max_inline_data warnings
From: Gary Draving (gbd2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-19 16:02:59

Hi All,

I have written a simple ring program that seems to run fine but I get
the following warning even though I am not explicitly defining the
btl_openib_ib_max_inline_data with an MCA parm. I'm only getting the
warning in the 3 machines that have the QLE7240, the other 40+ machines
with Mellanox cards give no such warning.

        WARNING: The btl_openib_ib_max_inline_data MCA parameter was used to
        specify how much inline data should be used, but a device
        reduced this
        value. This is not an error; it simply means that your run will use
        a smaller inline data value than was requested.

          Local host: fs2.calvin.edu
          Local device: ipath0
          Requested value: 128
          Value used by device: 0

When I do set the value btl_openib_ib_max_inline_data = 0 in
/usr/local/etc/openmpi-mca-params.conf I get a different warning about
the setting being "deprecated"

        A deprecated MCA parameter value was specified in an MCA parameter
        file. Deprecated MCA parameters should be avoided; they may
        disappear
        in future releases.

          Deprecated parameter: btl_openib_ib_max_inline_data

Is there any way I can get rid of these warnings and/or work with these
settings to optimize performance.

As always any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gary